The complainant will be expected to convey the complaint to the Instructor, either verbally or in writing.  The complainant may approach the Instructor personally or may have an advocate or via their employer.

You can complain as an individual or as a group.

If the complaint is not resolved at that level, the complainant or someone representing the complainant, may refer the complaint to the Training Manager, who will provide a copy of the complaints process for you to follow.


The Training Manager

P O Box 46181, Temuka 7948, New Zealand 

or by email


If the complaint is still unresolved then the complainant can lodge a complaint with the NZ Qualifications Authority.


If you are not a learner, but you have concerns about an education organisation which you think NZQA should investigate, please refer to advising NZQA of concerns about a tertiary education provider.


Information is available from the NZQA website at or by contacting NZQA:  

  1. phone: 04 463 3000 or 0800 697 296
  2. email:
  3. post: (You can write using: Formal complaint form (PDF, 31KB) to)
    NZQA Complaints and Feedback
    P O Box 160
    Wellington 6140
    New Zealand


Study Complaints| Ngā amuamu tauira is the new, combined student contract dispute resolution scheme. Learners can contact the Study Complaints| Ngā amuamu tauira service about:

·      Financial matters

·      Contractual matters

·      Redress claims after an NZQA investigation.

Learners can contact the service on:

·      Free phone: 080000 66 75

·      Email:

·      Online:

Tertiary Education Dispute Resolution – helping domestic learners and providers resolve disputes – a free independent service.

Make a complaint :: NZQA

How to make official complaints about NZQA and other organisations